Sunday, December 17, 2006

My Birthday week

I have no photos to update you with from last week. I had taken a bunch actually...but Ryan accidentally erased them when he was investigating a problem with our memory card. I was bummed..but I have a bizillion pictures already. What did hurt the most when he told me the pics were gone was knowing there were a good handful of pics of Ella Reese in her crib doing crazy things...
Ella Reese is really getting more mobile and I had started a mini documentary of when I get her from her crib and she has things tossed around. It is so funny. There was one where she was sideways in the corner , had the bumbper removed from the side and it was laying across her and she was holding onto one of the spindels on the crib grinning at me. I just died laughing! Silly baby...
Funny story,...or stories. Last week was an interesting week. It was my birthday on Tuesday, the 12th, and Ryan was out of town that week to North Carolina for work, and I was without any phone or internet. We had decided to cancel my cell phone plan but had to do it last Monday night to get within the 30 day window and not to pay a ridiculous fee to break our contract. Ryan felt bad leaving me at home with no phone and on my birthday as well. It dawned on my that tuesday morning that if anyone was going to call to wish me Happy Birthday they would not be able to reach me.
I was fine with it though, really. It was actually funny to me. It was interesting to see how did without my beloved cell. I joked and said that it the experience would let me see what it was like to live in Colonial days...
It was interesteing to see how dependent I, and I am sure we all are, to my cell phone. The week turned out fine. I just was not able to speak to anyone. I did once drive to a nearby Weigels just to use the pay phone. Sharon and Lon had me over for my birhtday on Tuesady and made dumplings and stir fry--yummm. Then Sharon treated me to a Starbucks mocha frappacino. The rest of the week I had Christmas parties and hung out with family. If anything it was more hard on Ryan to be away.

I often times will tease Ryan when he complains about his Blackberry phone, which is the size of his face and has internet on it. He will talk about how he wished his phone had an MP3 player, camera and bluetooth- whatever that is. And I will tease his complaining and say,.." Man, all I can do with MY phone is CALL people. That's it!". It is amazing with all the technology these days what you can get. Scarey too. Ryan and I joke and say that when Ella Reese gets older her jaw will drop when we tell her, " When we were growing up we had HOME telephones"...and she will look at us and say,.." what is that!?".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lil! I was going crazy trying to call you last Tuesday!! I hope you had a wonderful birthday despite having to miss hearing my voice.
Are you going to get a home phone soon?

Love these pics of Ella Reese!