I was holding her today nursing her (...or attempting to nurse...these days it is work on my part to ge her to eat...she constantly wants to look around and stare at everything), and was struck at how instantly she has already grown and changed. Just looking at her body in my lap, I was reminded of how much smaller she use to lay in my lap. I began to miss when she was a few weeks old and would constatnly fall asleep in my arms. Then there were nights I was up with her every two hours and then in complete exhaustion would just pull her next to me to sleep, then would wake up with her nuzzled against me. It dawned on my how very brief these days are with her. Very soon she will be crawling then walking and then it may be rare that she will fall asleep in my arms or want to be held. Yesterday I came across a notebook or encouragement notes that my very good friend Trillia gave me as a shower gift. I was organizing her books and came upon it..I found myself lying on my belly on the floor of her room being filled with encouragement once again. Over and over many of the encouragement notes stated "Children are a blessing from the Lord".
Reading it then at my shower I only anticipated to experience such blessings. Now I can say the same thing with much joy and secret knowlegde. It is so true !! No testimony from a mother or book can even begin to describe what JOY a baby brings.
Thank you Lord for such a blessing Ella Reese is to us! And what joy she brings to our life..what a precious gift she is to us...
No comments:
Post a Comment