Friday, June 18, 2010

Synopsis

Alright, so you noticed I have been absent lately.  And now I pull out like 5 posts.  We are busy bees around here.  But more so, I am busy with the photo biz.  So I promised myself once I got a sliver of time, I would post.
So here is a a random synopsis, that may appear more like ramblings.  So to help keep it short and sweet...I will make a list.
1.  My kids are still stinking cute....

2.  Back a few months ago Ryan and I applied for a reality renovation show on DIY called Run My Renovation.  The first episode airs this August.
Well...after a long application process we got it!!!
They came yesterday to tape what is called the "plea video".
The renovation is set to happen sometime in Oct and the episode will air next April.
Pretty much the show goes like this.  They come to totally renovate a room.  And not just paint and floors.   Supposedly they go all out with everything...and a cherry on top.  But the catch is this.  America votes on what gets chosen to be put in the new room.  So the plea video we taped will go up on DIY website for 2 weeks for America to vote.  And whatever is voted on the most will be put in the room.  The designers choose the 3 choices for each item.
So they will be doing our kitchen.  Hallelujah!
I will not go into what about our kitchen we do not like etc....I will just show you this one picture.  Once the plea video goes online...you can see more.  Our kitchen is the width of my two children with arms outstretched. 

Yet at the same time, we are most defiantly so incredibly grateful for our home!!!  We really are!  And I am very aware at how very wealthy our family is.  We see this as an the incredible kindness of GOD!  And I think we are still both in shock that this is happening to us.  So we are indeed humbled.

3.  My photography biz is keeping very steady and busy.  I love it!  Ryan's biz as well is super busy for him right now.  What a blessing!!!!
I am in the height of Wedding season right now.
I have a Wedding tomorrow.  And the last two weekends I had weddings as well.
My associate, Ben Finch, has been shooting weddings with me.  I shot one with him last weekend.
It has been a blast period.
I love it, love it love it.  Normally during a wedding I feel no pain, have no hunger, do not feel the need to go to the bathroom...then when it is all over I am like "oh man I am starving, do I have to pee and is my body in pain!".
I also got a new site put up.  I still have some things I need to do to it.  But it will have to wait a bit.
You can check it out at www.lilliannprincephotography.com
4.  I wish I was reading more.  Most of my reading I usually do when I am doing cardio at the gym.  I have been forgetting my books, or have not been going to the gym.
But I am reading "The Gospel for Real Life", by Jerry Bridges.
And hitting "Shepherding a Child's Heart" by Ted Tripp.
I have so many books I want to read now!  But I have little time right now.  Like seriously a teeny sliver of time during the day....
But I have been very encouraged by reading Charles Suprgeon's devotional readings "Morning and Evening".  Love that book.  It is seriously like a juicy steak it is so filling!
But I am most defiantly humbled this past month or so.  Seeing my constant need for God's grace each day, each moment. 
5.  The kids are doing the cutest things these days.  Mostly Dean because he is in that age of starting to talk and talk a lot.  He actually talks really well.  I suppose it is because he has Ella Reese to follow.
I cannot think off the top of my head right now...but there area always things every day that happen.
He loves to read and always asks us to read.  One of their favorite things to play with each other (which they play with one another ALL the time now.  It is so cute) ...is to pretend one is going to sleep while the other reads a book to them.  Dean will always sit and pretend to read to books to himself.  Last time at care group, I saw him standing in a crowd of people holding open a book reading out loud to himself.
His reading always starts off like this..."One day, He....".  Always.  Every book. 
6.  Ella Reese is in night time pull-ups.  I was literally like one day..."Uh, I suppose we need to start training her to be dry when she sleeps huh?".  Like I was so enjoying her being out of diapers for so long...that I completely forgot to hit the next step.
So we got some Sleeping Beauty night time pull-ups like a month ago.  And she is dry almost every other night.  And if it is wet it is only a little.  Not like the 10 pound diaper I use to take off her in the mornings.  Yuk.
And with that...Dean is pretty much jumped on the wagon and is half potty trained.  He will pee and poo in the toilet.  He has for some time now.  The other night he was dry in the morning.  But he did wake me at midnight AND at 4am to pee.  So that was no fun.  But he is catching on so quickly and with little instruction from me.   Seriously, he will just sometimes go by himself without asking for help.  One time I took him and he just got on the toilet and straddled it.  Ryan nor I taught him.  We do not know who.  But it is a super easy way for him!
It was much harder and drawn out for Ella Reese.  But I think that has to do with that I started ER too early.  I am calculating that maybe be the Fall time he will be in underwear and have some to few accidents.  We will see...
That is all folks!  I think I have blogged enough for a month!
xoxo lil and fam

No comments: