Wednesday, February 25, 2009

30th B-Day and lil JZ

Ryan's 30th Birthday was last Monday. Last year it was uneventful since the birth of our son completely overshadowed it. Dean's is on the 12th and Ryan's on the 16th. And this year with Dean's first Birthday, Ryan was fine with not doing anything special for his Birthday this year. Ryan has never been the "party planner" (stole that from 'The Office') and ...well...pretty much thinks all things Holiday related is one grand ole marketing scheme from Hallmark.
So, it was pretty easy to plan a big surprise for him. And man was it a huge surprise!
It was so fun planning and being sneaky with all the hope that this would majorly bless him. And he was MAJORLY blessed!
Ryan cookies
thanks mel for baking these for me! and picking up some cheesecakes for me! you are the bomb and saved the day for me! It was a bit tricky since the night before we threw a Birthday for Dean and everyone there was also to come to Ryan's.
Plus Ryan was home during the day on the day of the surprise. So I tried NOT to clean TOO much so he would not suspect anything.
And I could not make some desserts for the guests. But it all worked out perfectly!
I had asked Trav, Dave and Kent to come over and surprise him by taking him out to eat together. He was so surprised and had no idea. Then coming back, he arrived to a house packed with family and friends.

Brenda made the cake. It has a network cabling ( what he does in his biz) theme....the blue are wires.

The yummies. Brenda made some collages of pics of Ryan. And I had emailed a ton of people to send encouragement notes and verses which I compiled into a book.
Thanks to everyone who sent him something!


And ER have a suger melt down. Every time I looked over she was eating the R's off of the Ryan cookies then putting the coookies back.
Thank you everyone who came, made or brought something to the party, sent a note and kept this a secret. You are all such a blessing to my husband and it was pure joy getting to watch him enjoy it all !



And in other news...the very next day after the party I started watching this adorable baby for a couple at our church. His name is Jonas and I call him lil J or J-Z. Last name is Zimmerman.
He is so sweet and the kids LOVE him!
I have him for maybe a few more days....it has been so sweet and definitely is satisfying my baby bug...for the meantime anyways....



No comments: