Monday, August 25, 2008

Potty training

For weeks I have had this date marked on my calender: potty training boot camp.
I have been eagerly getting things ready, talking to her about it and clearing my calender for the next week to focus on this. I am actually excited about it. Ella Reese is too. But all that really registers in her mind is the potty candy. She has been asking me for potty candy ( M&M's) for weeks now. When she gets up in the morning and after naps, most often the first words out of her mouth are " potty candy?".
I read the book 1-2-3 Potty Training by the Ezzo couple and I am going to try their method. So here we go!!!
I got her some yummy snacks, juices and potty treats. And put together a potty basket where she can read or play with some games while on the potty. I didn't pull out all the potty toys yet...I am saving some for some extra incentive later this week.
My mom even sewed a little training pant for her dolly...
I'll keep you posted...please pray for me!

1 comment:

Frances Vineyard said...

I can't wait to hear how it goes! I need to get serious again! :)...Love the bed picture! We need to plan a farm play date soon!