Saturday, August 16, 2008

Bye Bye Baby~


Ella Reese turned two August 8th and I think I am still sad that our baby is officially not a baby anymore. Man it flew by so fast! It makes me hold onto Dean a little longer...even if it is at 3 am in the morning.

On her Birthday morning I walked into her room with a banana bread cupcake lit with a candle and sang "Happy Birthday" to her. She had the most puzzled look on her face at first, then after she blew out the candle she looked at me and said, "more blow?". Everything is "more" this or that these days. She was tickled to death by her cupcake. So much so that she would not let me take the candle out. So she just ate around it. She even wanted me to put the candle in her scrambled eggs. I did.

She would take a bite then laugh hysterically. She was so elated.
We did not do anything very special that day. Well, I suppose it was exciting and special to her.

I took her out to run errands with me. Which anything that consists of putting shoes on and going outside is a grand day for her. We went to CVS, recycling ( she calls it "cycle"), then a trip to the library to return and get more books. She loves going recycling and the library. Which I don't know why she likes recycling because she just sits in the car and watches me take the trash to the different dumpsters. But she LOVES the library. When we check out books/videos she runs to the counter with her books and tried to hand it over to the lady.


I don't know if you can even take pictures in CVS...but this was too funny. We were singing row "row row your boat" together and to keep her hands busy I handed her two toothbrushes to let her pretend she was rowing. ( By the way...I do not have very much confidence in my singing, but for some reason when you are singing a kids song WITH a kid, for some reason I feel some sort of vocal confidence to just belt it out. Like it is all of a sudden okay to sing and sing loud)

Anyways..she started stuffing them into her dress. Below she looks kind of guilty like she is shop lifting.

p.s. My mom made that dress. She sewed it like in a day. Ryan and I joke and say she is like Cinderella because she will come out of her room with a dress and say, "look what I made today!". It's like she has birds and animals in her room helping her. Just kidding, my mom is an amazing seamstress!)

Ryan and Ella Reese on a date later that evening....they were watching TV and holding hands. So sweet!

The night before we gave special kisses and love to our 1 year old...special to us anyways.


Birthday party pictures and more blogging goodness coming soon... I have some laundry to do!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pics of Ella & Ryan!!!! They are soo sweet...the one on the couch is halarious!! :)

Kim said...

Lil, I love her dress! That is so cool that your mom made it. I like the picture of her sitting on the white chair at the table with her cupcake.

Melanie said...

I love the pictures and story about the cupcake! how fun. And I love picturing your mom coming out of her room saying,"Look what I made today." That's great!

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

I just can't get over how adorable ER is, she's so sweet.