Monday, August 18, 2008

Party Time!

A few weeks before ER's Birthday I asked her what kind of cake she wanted. At this time she had no idea what a Birthday was, or a Birthday cake. So I was trying to get her thinking about the festivities involved in a Birthday and ready for hers. So when I asked her about a cake, she had no response. So I told her I would make her a Dori cake, from Findng Nemo. She loves that movie and she especially loves Dori. Whenever I let her watch it, she'll ask me "Find Dori? Find Dori?".
So every morning and after her naps the first thing she would say to me would be " Dori cake?".
Here was the finished product. It was fun to make. It sure was hard to cut it up to serve it!
Here are Birthday pics in no particular order. There were so many !!!
It was a Nemo themed party and we had a slip n' slide and a kiddy pool. Man was it fun!
Sadie LOVED the slip n slide. She would just laugh and kick her legs when she got the the bottom where there was a little pool of water. It was so fun to watch her!
Cole- ER's cousin
Pretty Julie
Julie's brother Christian.




Since most of the kids were 2 and under they did not know how to play with the slip n' slide. So we ended up pulling the kids down the slide or pushing them down it. It was so funny to watch!
This picture cracks me up. Ryan had just shoved her down the slide and she has the funniest face!

Sadie lovin it~








This is Laura, my dear friend and Care Group leader's wife.

All of the kids after some water fun.
Dean having some fun of his own inside.
I still can't believe she is two.
My heart aches a bit when I think about it too long. But I hear 2 to 3 is the best age. So I have much to look forward to and plus,...I have my little Dean-o to do it all over again with!
P.S.
For anyone who came to the party, if you want some of these pictures, let me know and I'll email them to you in a larger format.

No comments: