Sunday, April 22, 2007

"You complete me..."


Ryan and I went to a marriage retreat with our church in Chattanooga this weekend. Now that we have been home we both can say that it was such a refreshing time together and also a time to evaluate our marriage. We both took away soooo much wisdom, teaching, and encouragement! It has been such a special weekend and definately marks the begining of a new season in our marriage. The theme for me that I took away (there really was so many things...) was that GOd truly has made me for Ryan and Ryan for myself. In GOd's perfect wisdom we were "designed" for one another. And my marriage exists not so that I can enjoy myself and say "I have a wonderful marriage" or " I am happy so that means I have a great marriage or husband", but the Bible would teach that my marriage exists to be a reflection of how Christ LOVES the church and our marriage is meant to bring glory to GOD! There were so many jewels of wisdom that I anticipate to further digest and pray over. But I left with a new love for Ryan and thankfulness to God! Thankful not only for Jesus Christ and the gift of faith he has give me and changed my heart, but also in addition to that he knew what exactly I needed... and he provided that in Ryan!

My precious sister Sharon. It was her birthday...
I was trying to get a pic of us and Ryan was making me laugh. He is the funniest person I know. I love this pic of us laughing..
Best picture that came out. He was making silly faces in other ones...
Hangin out with our friends Friday night after the first session for some desert.
Me and my love...
I remember back to when we started courting and people would comment on how odd it was that we were together because we were soooo different. Which we were and still are. It is funny to think how different we are. BUT, GOd knew this and also knew that we needed each other. Like two puzzle pieces fitting perfectly together...
There is no one who knows me like Ryan does. We joke and say that he knows what I am thinking simply by hearing what I am doing in another room. Which he really can!
I love you so much babe! I am so thankful for what a GIFT you are to me and how KIND God has been to me to provide you for me. After this weekend I can say, with all cheesiness aside, that you TRULY do complete me!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Hey Lil,

Thanks for sharing. That is so encouraging and so true.

Frances Vineyard said...

Lil
That brought tears to my eyes. I love how you cherish your husband.
Fran

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you both had a great time in Chattanooga! That is so awesome what you wrote. Kambiz, a few of our Iranian friends, and I were just in Chattanooga like 2 weeks ago! We were at the same bridge you guys were on. lol How cool!

Anonymous said...

That last comment was Krista by the way lol