Saturday, March 03, 2007

New Highchair, Art Show and Sitting Up !!

So we finally got a highchair!! Yea!! I have been feeding her in her carseat carrier. I have been wanting a wooden one, and I found one at the unpainted furniture store. It was on back order for the past month and I got it yesterday! To celebrate I took a lot of pictures,..of course. She looks so tiny in it...
She liked the safety belt



"what cha doin mama? "

I took Ella Reese to her first art show! My sis Sharon had an art show last night downtown. But the only thing she was interested in was Sharon's beaded necklace. We finally just put it on her.
With uncle
the three asian girls
Ella Reese got alot of attention. I was carrying her in my sling and I guess that looks weird enough... but it was late and I am sure it is strange to see a baby at an art show. But she was definatley a hit. People were goo-goo and ga-gaing over her all night. And if you've never been to an art show...there are usually a lot of people there and they are all very close to one another. So I'd turn around and there would be a person right in my face and they would want to see the baby,..then I'd turn to see some more art work and another person would be there touching the baby. It was still so fun. And I loved Sharon's artwork. The best there I thought...
She likes being upside down these days
I've been helping her practice sitting up this past week more and more. She can do it herself for only a while with no help.
Sitting....
Chewing and sucking...
...and timber!!!


More chewing and sucking...
Cute fussy baby

Last Saturday we last minute invited some people over to cookout. Lauren brought her boys, Sharon and Lon and my friedn from college Chels, her hubby Josh and their little girl Annabell. We had a blast. Chels and Josh stayed late and hung out with us...we always end up doing. Annabelle loves to take Ella Reese's exersaucer and pull it under our kitchen table. But this time she somehow managed to get inside it too..while under the table!
Stayin up past her bedtime with the Annabell...
Oh and by the way our almost 7 month old baby( in a week) weighed 14pds 10 ounces and is now a little over 25 inches long! Dr. Perry said she falls into the 25th percentile over all. And he said she can start eating meats. So I tried some sweet potatoes and turkey in a jar and she loved it.
He also recommended a baby oil product from Arbonne to help her eczema. It has natural plant extracts. I am recieving a free trial of their entire ABC Baby line soon. I'll let you know how it works...for all you eczema mommies out there. Oh, and it is the dairy that is making her break out. Man would I give anything for a bowl of cereal and a hunk of extra sharp cheddar....



4 comments:

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

Lillian you always take the best pictures! I love looking at all of your close up ones. I've gotta get better at that with Jacks. She's adorable! I love the little bow in her hair!

Frances Vineyard said...

Thanks for coming over today. Ella Reece is beautiful inside and out! Come again soon!
Fran

Anonymous said...

These pictures are so cute! I can't wait to come over and see her again. We'll have to get together soon for dinner or something. Bill hasn't seen her since Christmas.

-Amanda

J said...

Lil--your kid is so cute!! I love looking at your artistic pic's. Speaking of art, I saw some of your art work up at the stir fry cafe. It brought back many memories.