Monday, March 12, 2007

A Tooth!...and a Bath

A couple of firsts this past weekend for Ella Reese. We were over at Brenda's (Ryan's mom) for a birthday bash for my dear Lauren and I decided that the kid needed a bath desperately. So I plumped her in their kitchen sink. It was so easy and fast! NO baby tub to fool with. But my sink is not as deep as hers and my just looks yucky even when it is clean. She kept trying to eat the water spout thing...Oh and I think that her eczema is actually from eggs and not dairy. I am going to test my theory one more week and I will let you know.
And I've got her drinking from a sippy cup now instead of a bottle. Which works out anyways. This is about the age to start introducing the cup. "Bottle Smottle", says Ella Reese.
See how dirty the water is below...yuck.
So we discovered that Ella Reese has her first tooth!! Hurray! It is soooo very gratifying to finally see that little sucker! Since January I promise has has been pre-teething! From cold like symptoms, to some diarreha to even nights of waking up. I was feeding her some baby foods yesterday and she starting chewing on my finger as I was trying to remove her fingers form ehr mouth and I felt somethimg sharp. I couldn't get a picture of it but it's there. Just the tip top of a pearly white...it's on her bottom gum. It is going to be so strange to see her with teeth now....
Chewin away...
Trying to show you the tooth...just kidding.

The weather has been so nice this past weekend that we have all spent a lot of time outside. Ryan was working on pressure washing and staining the rest of the house and I have been working on projects like spray painting some frames and I am slowly begining to paint her highchair.
I went to the park with Krista( Ryan's sister) Owen and ER today. It was so fun! We went to Cancun Mexican resurant afterwards. As we were walking around the park I said to Owen "Can you believe that God made all of this Owen?". Then I pointed to a tree that was next to us and I said, " Can you believe that GOD made that tree?!". He stood there in utter amazement with his jaw open and said, "HOW!!? How did he do it?". As I tried to explain that God is so big and powerful and that he just could, he could not wrap his brain around it. It convicted me of my own lack of wonder and amazement as I look at creation. How l look around and rarely ponder how powerful and wonderful our creator is. I need to be more like Owen...I have pics of today coming later...

1 comment:

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

wow a tooth! So exciting! I hope she doesn't bite you! =) I agree, even when my sink is clean, I still think it looks dirty. Cute pictures!