Monday, March 22, 2010

Sunday planning night a flop...


Do not have your planning time in front of the TV when the Amazing race is on. Or anything else at that matter. I sat for an hour with my normal "planning stuff" scattered all over the couch ( coupons needing to be sorted, bills to be paid, my last week's schedules to see what I needed to move to this week, grocery ads) and I sat there with only my schedule for the week planned up to Tuesday at lunch.
Arghh. I was mad at myself for allowing myself to succumb to the vortex of a trap the TV is for me.

I am rendered useless when I watch TV. All multi-tasking skills are out the window.
So I will be sitting tonight at the kitchen table to have a re-do.
TV is really over rated. The less time I have, the less TV I watch. And the less TV I watch the more I see how much my soul benefits from it's absence!

p.s. Ryan and I would totally do the amazing race. It would be so fun!
We would totally get picked! Young married couple. Chinese wife, white hubby. Christians from the Bible belt....oh my we would totally be picked!
Who wants to watch our kids for 3 months while we go?

3 comments:

Kim said...

Lillian, do you know what is hilarious? Walt and I think the same exact thing about the Amazing Race! We have said nearly what you said: mixed couple, pastor, and christians from the south - they would totally pick us! And we also think we could totally win! :) So funny.

Anonymous said...

yay yay- do- it!
-mel

Trillia said...

LOL! That would be so funny. Ryan looks so young in this pic!