It is a rainy Thursday and I am all of a sudden unmotivated to pack my kids in the car to hit the gym and run errands. I will do it tomorrow instead.
So by 9:30 this morning we had done our morning stuff, colored pictures and did school. What next? Snack time and Sesame Street then I googled how to make Play Dough.
It was so easy! The kids helped the entire time. It was awesome, they LOVED it!
It was a mini cooking lesson then we talked about the shapes etc .we stamped into the play dough.
We will definitely be doing it again!
Here is the recipe. I doubled it and it worked for all three of us to play with.
Traditional Play Dough
1 cup flour
1 cup warm water
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon oil
1/4 cup salt
food coloring
Mix all ingredients, adding food coloring last. Stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from pan and knead until blended smooth. Place in plastic bag or airtight container when cooled. Will last for a long time.
After lunch the kids usually watch Between the Lions at 1:00. Our TV all of a sudden does not work. After 10 minutes of some whine time and fighting, they started to pretend to be dogs. Ella even licked Dean's face and Dean was licking the floor. Yuk. Now they are pretending to be babies and holding each other. Too much fun!
Happy Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment