Friday, March 27, 2009

Zoo Fun!

We have been thinking of getting a zoo pass for some time now. So when the warm weather hit last week I decided the night before that we would go in the morning. I called around Wednesday morning at 8am to see if anyone wanted to come with. I have pass that gets an adult in free with me. So the lucky gal was Elizabeth and her cutie pie Braden. We had sooo much fun!
Neither of us had ever been. I love love love the zoo!
The kids absolutely loved it. At every stop they both wanted to get out to see the animals. It was a ton of work for me, but it was well worth it!




All of the pics I took of ER have the back of her head. This is the one time she actually did turn around to smile. A fake smile too !

Can I take this thing home with me?
ER's highlight was right around the time this pic was taken. This Zebra pooped right in front of her. She was shocked. Since we are potty training. She could not believe that it used the bathroom on the ground. It is all she talked about that week.



This Gorilla was right next to the glass where we stood. He has some kind of blemish under his eye. When I held ER up to see him, she said "He so sad. He cryin.". She saw the blemish and thought it was a tear. This was her other favorite thing to talk about. That the Gorilla was crying.

It was 2:00 when we headed to the car. We had a fabulous time and the kids were puckered out and Elizabeth and I congratulated ourselves on a job well done having a fun outing for the kids and anticipating a great nap time.
Well.....when I got to my van it would not start. I called E just as she was driving off and we attempted to jump my van. But there was no way for her car to get close enough to my van. If you have ever been, we were parked in the first skinny parking row that leads to the entrance.
After talking to Ryan, we decided for me to pack my kids in E's car and leave the van so Ryan could come and put a new battery in mine. It was dead. ER had apparently hit the emergency lights right as we left and they were on the entire time. But Ryan said it was close to dead if that is what made the battery die.
Soooo...after some nervous moments with sleepy hungry kids sitting in hot sun with no AC on....I started the daunting task of what I call sweaty work- moving the car seats-
We got everyone packed in tight and poor Braden cried- no I take that back...bawled - the entire way to my house. Poor little guy!
ER would every now say "shhh, shhh, shhh" very quietly and sweetly trying to comfort him. Then she would scold him saying, " No crying!". But despite the end of our adventure, we still had an awesome time!
sardines packed in tight

1 comment:

Laura said...

Looks like a lot of fun outings at the zoo. I don't know if we are going to renew but if so maybe we can meet up one day. And
I'd love for us to hang out soon. Christian and Julia would love it too! He'd be so excited to see Ella Reese. Maybe we can touch base at the spring picnic!