Friday, March 27, 2009

ella stories

Yesterday Ella Reese was holding the end of her sound machine plug in thing ( can't think of what it is called) above my head and accidentally clocked me in the forehead. Yup, it hurt. She bent down to my face ( I was lying on the ground) and she had the most maternal look that a 2 year can mimic, and with all sincerity and sorrow whispered so very gently ..."Ma ma, I sooo sorry.". Then she gently places her cheek onto mine and says " I soooo sorry mama, I mean to hit you!". Which means - I did not mean to hit you. It was so sweet and completely melted my heart.
When I took this picture she said, " I a liddle ball!"
Once I was holding her in a ball like this and she asked me to bounce her on the floor.
I tried to tell her she would not bounce and she disagreed with me telling me that she would.
So I bounced her...just kidding! I did not.
I pulled out a lot of her summer clothes out yesterday and she thinks all of her summer skirts are dress up clothes. So all day yesterday, every time I turned around she had different bottoms on. And of course she did not put the previous outfit back in her dresser, so clothes were litered all throughout the house all day. She'll ask me to hold her hands and dance with her ( which we just stand in one place while we swing our arms ) then sing a song from Cinderella. She sings all the time. It is so sweet. Her favorite songs right now are Cinderella songs, Zaccheus was a wee little man, I'm in the Lord's Army ( she got a Bible songs DVD for X-mas and it has a ton of old hymnal and Baptist songs. I think she may be the only kid who loves to sing 'I'm in the Lord's army'), and a song on my Matt Redman CD called Hallelujah. But she calls in the Honalua song. Sounds like a Hawaiian island.
When I give her a snack or pick a show for her to watch she will almost always tell me "somfin else mama". Which means something else. Yesterday I was searching for a snack in the pantry and she is standing at the window in the kitchen. I look down at her and she has her arm resting on the windowsill and is tapping her hand ( very adult like)..and is gazing out the window from the corner of her eye and tells me " somfin else mama...?". I of course starting laughing because she looked so adult and cute.

Last time Lon and Sharon were babysitting the kids, Sharon would tell her that she was proud of her when she obeyed. I suppose she obeyed very well because.... the next day at lunch ER asked me for more chicken and as I am putting it in her bowl..she leans in very close to my face and whispers " ma ma, I so proud of you !". She also told me she was proud of me the other day when I helped Dean with something.
So sweet! Then she will tell me other things not as sweet like earlier this week...
She came up to me and patted me on the back and said " You go take shower babe. You dirty." Ryan and I call each other babe.
And sometimes when Ryan leaves the house Ella Reese will tell him "Bye babe" or, " See you later babe, have a good day!"

1 comment:

Gabby said...

I laughed pretty hard at the "you dirty, babe." :)