Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Three Years of Marriage


Our three year anniversary was last Wednesday on December the 27th. We both couldn't believe that three years has passed already! It is amazing how time flies and we know it will only go more quickly.
We had received, as a wedding present, a beautiful prayer framed and written in calligraphy from Doe Barbee. It sits on the top shelf fg our computer desk and I rarely read it, but I did last Wednesday and was reminded of God's goodness and provision to me.
I am SOOO very thankful for Ryan. How kind of the Lord to provide a husband who leads me and knows my heart so well. I am not one who makes New Year resolutions, but this is one I constantly resolve in my heart. And that is to adore and respect my husband more and more and to PRIZE him as God's appointed leader, protector and lover for me. I want so much to grow in longing to and joyfully serving him, caring for him and admonishing him. But most of all that I would seek to cultivate a gentle and quiet posture before the Lord, trusting in him ONLY for the satisfaction of my soul- so that I may be all these things to Ryan.
This is what the prayer Doe wrote reads:
"For these two are now one, by your hand! May their lives together be made rich by your favor, their affections sustained by your eternal love, their faith secured in you mighty grace! How beautiful are your ways, O Lord! How precious are your mercies toward us who believe in you!
'God has raised us up together, to sit in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.' Colosians 2:4-10"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Lil-- Excellent New Year's Resolution! I'd like to adopt the same one. Perhaps we can ask eachother how we're doing in that area.

Mel

lillian said...

you're on mel...let's do..
love ya!
liler