Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Faker...


The past month Ella Reese has been crying wolf- so to speak. She will wail and cry in her crib in a distressed pitiful pitch. So I scoop her up and begin to pet and soothe her only to hear her start talking in a very happy voice then look up at me and begin talking to me in that adorable baby voice. The first picture is of her taunting me with her games...Ella Reese is saying " You came again mommy! This is fun..go away so I can do it again!"

This past week she has begun to roll onto her belly once I put her down to sleep. Which is fine and all....but she hasn't learned to roll back over. So she gets stuck. So here I am ever 2 minutes going to her room to roll her back onto her back...only to take two steps and turn my head to see her back on her belly. So yesterday and today I have been letting her cry longer to see if she will go back on her back by herself. Also during play time I am helping her practice rolling back.
Here is a picture above of what I have resorted to today...Confining her to a no-roll-over space so she will take a nap. I know...she looks pitiful.

WELL!... I just put her down for an afternoon nap and heard her whining a bit and let it continue. Then she started to cry in a really painful tone. This time she definitely was not faking but really was in need of some assistance! Don't ask me how she managed this....


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute grin in that first picture. Pretty ingenuitive on that last one!

Anonymous said...

Your child is hilarious!! How does she do that? Must be a gift!!

lillian said...

A suppose it is a gift! Not sure yet how she will use it to bring God glory...
She did it again this morning when I went to get her at 6am! I died laughing,..she was just grining at me...silly girl

Anonymous said...

See is TOO CUTE Lillian. I use my highchair most of the time. He grabs the straps and I tried to strap him in, but he still pulls at them and it's hard to feed him, so that's why I was using the booster seat. Matt figured out how to take the straps off and I use the highchair now. I never strap him in anywhere, but of course the car seat!

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

Looks like you have definitely got a mover! She is so cute! I am a worrier, I would have everything out of the bed if Jacks was doing that...he started pulling covers over his head, so now he gets no covers at night, just a sleep sack. I guess it's the nurse in me...worry worry worry...She is definitely adorable though!

Anonymous said...

your bedding is super cute Lil! Where did you get it?

She is quite mobile! John Michael loves to shove his head in the corner of the crib and turn on his side so that he is practically smothered. I worried about that more with Addy but I definitely see a 2nd baby laid backness in me!

lillian said...

Hey michelle! That is so excitign that all of Johny's bros are married now!!
About the bedding: I actually bought a girl's bedding set sold at target- brand is dyr(stands for do your room)- and I altered it to make a bumper, pillows, quilt for when she is older..etc. I really couldn't find anything at all I liked that wasn't under $100. It really was a lot of fun to do..