We'll be celebrating Ella Reese's 4th Birthday, ( AHhhhhhHHHHHh!!! Is she REALLY turning 4!!), My big sis and her now family of 4 are coming in and staying for most of the week...and I have packing packing packing to do for Ryan and my trip to FL while the kids enjoy a week of house hopping ( and Cousin Camp) while we are gone.
So lots to look forward to, and lots of work too!
Here are some last summer pictures of us. And the annual Cousin Camp Ryan's mom hosts for all he cousins. So fun!
Cousin Camp with Nana : 4 cousins, three days- two nights, at Nana's house. What could be more fun !?
Dean sleeping bag taco!
Little 18 month old Dean-o! So little!!!!!
My little just turned 3 year old...oh my...so cute!
ER and Dean have been playing so well with one another that I wonder if they are really MY kids. Like, did someone swap them out with look alikes? They love to play pretend a lot. Like their favorite this week has been to play mommy and daddy. They each take turn to be a parent and the other is the kid or baby. So I look up and Ella is sweetly ( and I mean so sweet and maternal) talking to Dean as she tucks him in to his "bed". They dissapear for 30 minutes at a time playing together. I once found them in Dean's bed and ER was reading books to hm. It was nap time and they BEGGED me to play longer. That is when I started to wonder about the body snatching....
In preparation for the next week, I made Ella a calendar of who was coming here, and which house she would be at when. If I have not already said, I may not have, Ryan and I are going on a week trip to FL with another couple. So the kids will be house hopping from family to family.
After I madee the calendar for her, with pictures on each day, she colored it. The next day in the van she pretty much recited what she would be doing the next 2 weeks. What a memory!
I could ramble for hours. About how I am personally encouraged by the Lord, ...looking to and thinking on eternal things. I could tell you how I am so stinkin excited about this FL trip it is not even funny. But yet at the same time...I know I will think I hear my children calling for me when I lay on the beach...and how I am almsot certain I will cry cause I miss them. Then on top of that I know I will try to hold a stranger's child b/c I miss holding an extra 20 plus pounds on my hip or dragging 30 pounds behind me in a parking lot. I could also ramble about how Ryan and I are excited about reading at the beach. And how Ryan ordered some books for the beach last week and is starting on the third one right now. Or how God gives me moments to just look at my kids and open my eyes to see how very brief these days are ....how much they have changed. And then all of a sudden I welcome the 2 person pile up on me...with knees and little feet poking and proding me. And then when Dean looks at me and grabs my face to rub noses...my heart melts.
Next post will probably be from FL!
Have a great weekend all!
xoxoxo


No comments:
Post a Comment