Thursday, July 15, 2010

The 4th of July

 I am pretty proud of myself of getting these 4th of July pics up IN THE MONTH OF JULY.
We had a kickin' time at the Hughes's bash.  It was so fun!
Burgers and dogs, homemade ice cream, booms day like fireworks- no joke, and a super duper mega slip and slide for grownups.  It was a great time with friends!

And to start  off the pics, my hubbs feelin the need for speed.  He did have some hang time and go over that wall.  Yes, he lives for this party every year.  And yes, he is crazy/ feels no pain/ has no fear when faced with extreme sports and adventures.



 I did not get a good pic of the slip and slide.  But just piece all three pics together to get an idea of how long this thing was.  And the Hughes' neighbors set this up for the party each year.
 Both my kids have some "extreme sport " tendencies like Ryan.  They could not stay off it. Dean was shivering and the only words we could make out of his mouth were, " slip ...( teeth chatter chatter) ..slide ...( chatter chatter) ...again...".





 Kim and Allyson.  Due a week from each other....

 I always dreamed of the day my kids would hold hands in public.  Quietly, obediently,...next to my side.  And as we have made them do it this past year, it is an automatic thing for them.  They even hold hands around the house sometimes when playing pretend.  So if you are a mom of 2 and you read this and are thinking, "yeah right.  not my kids.".  I promise, it will happen!  One glorious day.  I promise.
But they will still break loose and run wild too....






Thanks Ryan and Allyson for hosting this super fun get together!!!!

1 comment:

Allyson said...

I'm so glad you guys look forward to it every year! As long as Ryan is willing to risk his life on the slip n slide of death, I think our neighbors will put it up for you. :) They're probably going to put it back up again before the summer's over. We'll let you know if they do!