Friday, August 17, 2007

No more Sickies

Random thought: Isn't it funny moms how every word you say, when speaking to your baby is always in plural form? Like, "Do you want some waters?". Or other words like juices, blankies, sleepys, yummies...Maybe it is just us and the Maples, but once I pointed it out to Amy Maples we died laughing.
Anyways, Ella Reese has no more sickies! Yeah!!!
It has been exactly a week since she contracted...whatever she had. We are guessing it was a bad case of respitory infection with a side of the croup. She is herself again plus some residual snot and coughing.

Before bathtime, I will say to her, "Wanna take a bath?". And she will crawl to the bathroom door and sit there waiting for me banging on the door.

We are SOOOO thankful she is better. She was having a fever on average of 101 sometimes to 102. It was so pitiful to see her so miserable! There were a few nights I stayed up with her and we slept on the couch or in our bed. She would lay her head on me or nestle under my chin so she could breath better. It was so sweet to have her cuddle with me. It gave me flashbacks of her newborn baby days. I loved it, but her body was so hot that it got very uncomfortable very quickly. I stopped counting the hours of sleep I got, becasue I knew it was very little.
It definately made me cast my cares upon the Lord and trust that he was caring for her when we were doing all we could for her. It was so hard to watch her cry and be in pain after we had done everything we were suppose to. So it feels great seeing her back to her playful exploratory self. But I do miss the cuddles.
Check out the height on that spike!

1 comment:

Trillia said...

Her hair is cracking me up. I'm glad she's better. Happy Birthday Ella Reese...