

Ryan and I can hardly believe Ella Reese is now one! Her birthday was on Wednesday and Tuesday night Ryan and I laid in bed recounting all the events a year ago when she came. I had planned to do some special things for Ella Reese to celebrate. I wanted to make her blueberry muffins for breakfast and stick a candle in it. Well, come that morning I couldn't find the muffin mix or the candles so we settled for cheerios and grapes with milk. The rest of the day was crazy running to the doctor's and then to the store. Later that evening I had wanted to give her a special Birthday bubble bath. Well Ryan and I ended up napping when ER was down, then waking up an hour before our church's Caregroup meeting, I quickly woke up Ryan to care for her while I prepared snacks for the meeting. So she settled for a quick 5 minute bath. So an uneventful Birthday for Ella Reese. She even got shots at her doctor's appointment!
Although I did not get to do all the special birthday things I wanted, I did get to one thing. That morning at 7am, I spent time praising God and thanking him for what a precious gift she is to me. As I sat recounting what a blessing she is to Ryan and I, my heart was filled with gratefulness and praise!

Here are her stats from her 12 month check up.
At her 9 month appointment she weighed a little over 15 pds. As the nurse was about to weigh her, I jokingly said, " I don't think she has gained much weight. I am guessing she has gained 2 pounds". Well ure enough she did! She now weighs 17 pounds and 2 ounces! Putting her in the 8th percentile in weight! She's a skinny minnie.
But I told the nurse that since she is not walking yet, it sure is nice to carry around 17 pounds!
She grew about 2 inches and is now 28 and 3/4 inches tall putting her right under the 50th percentile. And her head measurement puts her in the 25th percentile.
Perfect in every way!
Happy Birthday Ella Reese!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Ella Reese! We hope you can come play soon!!
Love,
Jack and Jake
Happy Birthday Ella Reese! Thanks for not growing up too fast so you and London can still be playmates :)
Love,
Melanie
Happy Birthday Ella Reese! You are absolutely adorable! I bet you'll be a great big sister!
Happy Birthday Ella Reese!!! She's tall and skinny like her parents.
Post a Comment