I just had a miserable last 30 minutes with ella reese…
I just gave her popcorn as a night snack.
And she got one of those thin shell-like things that sometimes get stuck in in your teeth and gums…..i don’t know what they are called…
But it got stuck in an impossible place in her mouth for me to get out.
It was like in between and stuck up in her gum against the back-side of her tooth in the front.
Ya,..so I couldn’t stick my finger in there cause I knew she would bite it off. I am serious, she would.
At first I thought it was only in between her teeth, so I was using my finger nail to get it out. Then I saw she was still messing with it and then she would say, “ popcorn, owie”,..so I knew it was still lodged somewhere in there…I just couldn’t see it.
Finally I saw it, after I had her head tilted back over my leg…and I am sure all the blood was rushing to her head. But I saw where it was. My first thought was panic. Because I knew my finger would not be able to get it. I almost considered that we would have to to take her to a dentist to get it out.
I started using her toys..anything that had a dull but pointed end to try to get this out. I ever brushed her teeth till her gum in the front bled..
Yes and she was completely still and patient for me the entire time!!! Yeah right!
I would get so angry that I would threaten her that I would spank her …. Bad mommy.
I even tried to floss her tooth! Ha!! That was fun.
Anyways, I decided that I would wait for Ryan to get home so we could deal with it together, and I started to think that maybe I did get it. I started putting her to bed and she looked at me and with her finger in her mouth said, “popcorn, owie”. So I looked one more time under bright lights, with her head bent back over my leg and saw how impossibly lodged up in her gum it was stuck.
It’s like I needed plyers to yank I out. So I grabbed my eyebrow tweezers. Which the sight of those freaked her out when I tried to stick them in her mouth.
You should have seen it.. I had her over my lap, trying to get her to open her mouth and say “cheese” for me…and I am using my elbows and arms to pin her down. She got so frazzled at one point that I just thought, "Okay. I need to get this out now! Even if her blood is rushing to her head and I have to pin her down with all my might". So I did. She started bawling . Which helped cause her mouth was open wide enough for me to get in there. She would not open her mouth open at all for me when she saw the tweezers. Her lips were pressed tight together.
So once I pulled it out, she stopped crying, opened her eyes and I showed her the kernel and she said “shooo”. ( for shooey. she says it whenever anything is gross or dirty)
I felt so bad for putting her through it that I immediately gave her kisses and told her what a good girl she was for obeying mommy. Cause she did most of the time when I told her to open her mouth.
Poor thing. Then as we got up and left the living room to go night night, the popcorn bowl was near by and she said “popcorn” and took a handful and ate them.
I just gave her popcorn as a night snack.
And she got one of those thin shell-like things that sometimes get stuck in in your teeth and gums…..i don’t know what they are called…
But it got stuck in an impossible place in her mouth for me to get out.
It was like in between and stuck up in her gum against the back-side of her tooth in the front.
Ya,..so I couldn’t stick my finger in there cause I knew she would bite it off. I am serious, she would.
At first I thought it was only in between her teeth, so I was using my finger nail to get it out. Then I saw she was still messing with it and then she would say, “ popcorn, owie”,..so I knew it was still lodged somewhere in there…I just couldn’t see it.
Finally I saw it, after I had her head tilted back over my leg…and I am sure all the blood was rushing to her head. But I saw where it was. My first thought was panic. Because I knew my finger would not be able to get it. I almost considered that we would have to to take her to a dentist to get it out.
I started using her toys..anything that had a dull but pointed end to try to get this out. I ever brushed her teeth till her gum in the front bled..
Yes and she was completely still and patient for me the entire time!!! Yeah right!
I would get so angry that I would threaten her that I would spank her …. Bad mommy.
I even tried to floss her tooth! Ha!! That was fun.
Anyways, I decided that I would wait for Ryan to get home so we could deal with it together, and I started to think that maybe I did get it. I started putting her to bed and she looked at me and with her finger in her mouth said, “popcorn, owie”. So I looked one more time under bright lights, with her head bent back over my leg and saw how impossibly lodged up in her gum it was stuck.
It’s like I needed plyers to yank I out. So I grabbed my eyebrow tweezers. Which the sight of those freaked her out when I tried to stick them in her mouth.
You should have seen it.. I had her over my lap, trying to get her to open her mouth and say “cheese” for me…and I am using my elbows and arms to pin her down. She got so frazzled at one point that I just thought, "Okay. I need to get this out now! Even if her blood is rushing to her head and I have to pin her down with all my might". So I did. She started bawling . Which helped cause her mouth was open wide enough for me to get in there. She would not open her mouth open at all for me when she saw the tweezers. Her lips were pressed tight together.
So once I pulled it out, she stopped crying, opened her eyes and I showed her the kernel and she said “shooo”. ( for shooey. she says it whenever anything is gross or dirty)
I felt so bad for putting her through it that I immediately gave her kisses and told her what a good girl she was for obeying mommy. Cause she did most of the time when I told her to open her mouth.
Poor thing. Then as we got up and left the living room to go night night, the popcorn bowl was near by and she said “popcorn” and took a handful and ate them.
P.S. I am so behind on posting. Coming soon...family caravan to Philly, NY and VA, pics of babies and updates on them both , and potty stories.
3 comments:
Hello!
Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I have seen yours before (off of Leah's) and your pix are also great!
I shoot with a Nikon D40 (and several different lenses!).
Get my e-mail from Leah and we can "talk" shop!!
I love your photo shoot of the Girberts!
That is scary Lillian!
HAHA! You told this very funny-like!! :)
Mel
Post a Comment