Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Attack of the Cradle Cap

Yes, it is happening to Dean. The attack of those yucky oily dandruff scales. This picture was before his scalp was covered in them.
With Ella Reese I heeded the advice of the " What to Expect the First Year" book and put vaseline in her hair to get it out. Did not work out for us as you can see...(to see evidence see one of my very first posts titled Cradle Cap).
Beckoning all mothers out there: Help! What am I to do? If anything it bothers only me.
I don't think Dean is experiencing any social anxiety about his snow covered scalp.

5 comments:

Casey said...

Oh girl, I remember those days! Isn't it so frustrating? I think I would gently massage her scalp with a wet rag when she was in the tub after I had washed her hair. It helped some. Let me know if you get any other good advice...I'll put it in the back of my mind for future cradle cap attacks.

Unknown said...

My doctor told me to use a little "Head and Shoulders" shampoo. I think it helped a little. Eli had white, blonde hair so I don't think people noticed it as much, but I DID! I also found a brush thing at CVS or Walgreens. It was a soft brisle on one side and a sponge on the other. I think it was Grins and Giggles brand (not sure). Also, baby oil worked good as well. I would put it on and then take a brush and scrape it off. That sounds gross, but it didn't hurt him or me :) Hope that helps a little. I would also do the oil thing before I gave him a bath, so I could wash it out.

Unknown said...

we used vegetable oil and kind of let it soak in for a little while and then used a super fine baby comb and combed it right off. She had it BAD and that took care of 90% of it. It probably would've taken care of 100% of it if I did it more than once but I'm lazy. Everything I read said to use oil and a comb.

Good luck!

lillian said...

Thanks girls!
I am gunna try it today-- oil and a brush. I'll let you know how it goes.
Since I give him his baths during the day, ER is always by my side helping me...so we;ll see,..she may get some oil action too!

lillian said...

It worked!
the baby oil adn a fine tooth comb. I twas gross seeing it all combed it.
It actually came back two days later and I did it again.
My doc said it is know to come back. So I may be doing it again....But he had a nicly oiled slick hair do afterwards.