Monday, March 17, 2008

Candid shots

Ella Reese is back to her normal silly, eating all day, gibber gabbery and somewhat fussy self. The "transition period" lasted only like 5 days. But boy did it feel like and eternity!
Dean is doing great. Still eating like a champ. Here is a question for you nursing mommies.
It seems that at LEAST once a day everyday, sometimes twice and sometimes at 11pm, Dean will have a gassy episode. I've fed him and he won't be able to sleep cause he is trying to make a diaper orr has gas. Is that normal to happen everyday?
I have a Canon powershot camera,.which I love, because 1) it is the size of an altoid box and 2) it shoots video. So the other day I downloaded the pics off it to my computer and found a ton of stuff I had forgotten about.
Guess what is going on in these pictures...
Nope, not a tornado or strong gust of wind. Ryan was blowing the leaves with our blower and decided to try it out on our daughter...which she absolutely loved. And he didn't have it on full blast. She kept walking in front of it and giggling.

My beautiful momma and sister. We treated mom to some Japanese food when she was here.

This is during ER's transition time. She refused to let me take her snacl bowl from her during bath. So I was like, "Hey, at least she is not crying. She is can bathe with it as long as she is not crying.". So she did.
Three grandmas and three babies. The middle lady is Doris's mother in law.
ER will sometimes be sweet with Dean and kiss him and pet him on the head. She likes pointing to all his body parts but ends up gouging out his eye when she points to his eye. Shortly after this picture she tried to step on him. Which partly is from us playing with her on the floor at night and her jumping on Ryan.
Forcing her to take a picture with her brother.

ER loves sunglasses. She can put htem on her head on her own and the other day she started pushing them on top of her head like so on her own. And it stayed.

Nightime playtime with daddy. Ryan will lay on the floor and put pillows on himself and ER will jump off the couch onto him. Then Ryan literally throws her into the air back on the couch. This goes on for 30 minutes. She loves it.
We started using cloth diapers. This one is her faovrite. She always moos when I put it on her.
Yes, she is skinny. From the side her belly sticks way out and she looks like an Ethiopian baby. We think maybe she has a tapeworm cause she eats so much and all day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

one of my babies was really gassy. I always had simethicone (sp?) drops on hand. I'd also put her over my knees on her tummy and move my legs up and down, like a wave movement, rubbing her belly to try and work some gas out.

Keep in mind that all babies have a crying period each day that is usually around dinner time. They just cry for no reason, but they cry really hard.... It lasts till there nearly 8 weeks. By our third we finally just learned to put her in a safe spot and let her scream so we could scarf down some dinner.

By the time Dean is three months, you'll have this mommy thing DOWN, I promise! Hang in there. It's so fun to be a mommy to two kids.

Anonymous said...

oops - rubbing her back...while i rolled her on my knees.

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

I thought Jacks was having some episodes of gas also, especially at night. I would try the simethicone, but you need to give it with a meal. It only works on upper GI gas, so once it's in the stomach (when it causes the discomfort) it won't help. I hope Jacks adjustment period is only 5 days like ER, he is going to have a RUDE awakening when baby #2 gets here!

Unknown said...

our kids weren't really gassy lil so i don't know... sorry. :(

and i don't think she has a tapeworm... i think she takes after mommy and daddy. :)

super cute shots. way to capture the moment!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lil-
Spence was a gassy boy. Our Dr. said that it was a sign of a good eater. Sometimes babies who take in a lot get some air with it. As he matures he will be able to nurse without getting all the air. So maybe he is just a good eater? Still no fun for him to be sad! They are both soooo cute!
Alison