We've been so busy around here it has taken me a few weeks to post these. The ones of Dean were when he was around 3 weeks old. I took him for his 4 week check up today and he is now 9 pounds! 50th percentile in his weight and 75th percentile for his height. He already looks different from these photos.








Mom leaves tommorrow. I almost cried today when it hit me that she was leaving. She has spoiled us all with her cooking, constant cleaning and taking care of Ella Reese for me. And she did it all with such willingness and joy! Thank you mom! It was such a blessing to our fmaily how you served us! We love you and I miss you already....


Around the 2nd week of having Dean home, Ella Reese went through a "what is happening to the world as I knew it" syndrome. The pictures below document her reaction when she realized that Dean was here to stay. She refused to eat dinner at the dinner table and was pretty much crying ALL THE TIME. When I say all the time I really mean all the time. I'd give her a snack and she'd cry. I'd play with her and she'd cry. Just looking at her would make her cry. Ryan and I were completely stumped as to what to do. It was a difficult time for all three of us.





Doris stayed with us for a few days. It was fun having all the cousins together. Evie is now 13 months and learning to walk. One afternoon while we were all eating lunch, I pointed to Evie and asked ER, " Who is that?". She'd say, "E". I pointed at Doris asking who she was and ER said, " Dor". Pointing at mom ER said, " paw paw". ( the chinese word for grandma). Then I pointed to myself touching my nose and asked ER, "And who is this?". ER stopped and said, "nose!".

Ryan says this photo should have a caption that says "I see dead people" .





3 comments:
super sweet lil! my faves are the first one and the one of his hair. :) well done my friend!
I love how different Dean looks than Ella Reese. Very cool.
Sorry you guys had such a hard time :(
I'll see you on Wednesday with your meal!
love,
Mel
OH MY GOSH!! THE THIRD PICTURE DOWN OF HER CRYING IS MAKING ME CRY! It is an awesome picture, but it does not make me look forward to that time period! Bless you all!
Post a Comment