I love it when my kids first get up from nap time. Ella Reese comes to me with her blankie covering half her face and always smelling it. No words, no greeting. And she will want me to hold her. Her face is all puffy, nose a bit stuffy, and her little cheeks so warm and soft. I could just eat her!
But I especially love it because ER's hair is usually in these long wispies around her face and she looks much like her baby days. And of course, every mom thinks their little girl is beautiful...and I do think she is the prettiest thing when she wakes from her nap.
So the other day, I carried her upstairs and plopped her on our kitchen counter and pulled out my camera. We have this skylight thing in our ceiling in the kitchen, plus a window from one side...the light is great at 3:30 in the afternoon.
Here is my puffy sweet girl!
d
Did I also mention that she usually is not the happiest person when she wakes as well. It takes her a while to chipper up.
So like any good mother...I give her a cookie to try to get some smiley happy pictures.
It It does not work right away so I tell her if she looks into my camera lens that she will see my eyeball. She takes the bait...and holds still to gaze into my lens.
And it's coming...!
There it is!!!! My little Reeseie pie! She is such a gem!!!
Then Dean comes up and has awaken from his nap. Dean's turn! Plop on the counter...
Then Dean comes up and has awaken from his nap. Dean's turn! Plop on the counter...I give him a cookie right away. He is always all smiles when he gets up...unless he has lost his beloved pacey.
Cuteness and cheesy smiles are all what this boy is made of!
My sweet boy. That smile warms my heart!


A A little teeny tiny grin...




1 comment:
sweet pictures lil! Jacks is like ER when he gets up from a nap. I'm also glad I'm not the only mommy that gives them cookies after nap!
Post a Comment