Friday, April 02, 2010

I've Been Krogering

(This post stems off of my previous post...Have I gotten so fancy that I now do Part I and Part II posts? Nope. I really just had some cute pictures...)



Those stickers make me laugh. They are reminder of my own childhood as we would anxiously wait to receive one at the check out. But, I only got one. Maybe two. Well, these days they always hand each of my children like 6 stickers each. So I smile and have the kids tell them thank you. Knowing that all those stickers will end up somewhere in my van, on my child, or on the bottom of my shoe.

I've Been Krogering. It makes me laugh.

Now when I go Krogering I have new memories and pictures in my head.

For instance at the end of my last Kroger trip I heaped myself in the front seat of my van. Taking a deep breath I adjust my hair, because it no longer looks how I had fixed it when I left the house that morning. I reach into the pockets of my hoodie searching for my keys( This is my wardrobe of choice. Because in the pouch of the hoodie is where I store everything and anything. ). I pull out wet baby wipes that I used to wipe the kids hands and face from lollipop drool, crumpled coupons that I ended up not using, my super long Kroger receipt, Ella Reese's hair ties that she decided to take out, and oh yes....the sticky remainders of the kids lollipops. I laugh as I put everything back into my hoodie pocket. Looking over to my passenger seat I have piled on top of my purse the kids shoes (because they both wanted to take their shoes off), sippy cups that did not make it INTO the bag, and my baby wipes container with wipes pulled out of them.
I chuckle.
Before I know it my grocery trips will become more organized and less messy. The kids will get themselves into the van. They will sit still in the cart or even walk alongside me. They will think they are too big for stickers and lollipops. I will get my grocery done in 30 minutes instead of an hour. It will be fast, efficient, quick and all done with ease.
And I am tempted in the moment, with sticky and wet things stuffed into my pockets, and oh yes,...my car keys I realize that I am sitting on....
...I am tempted to wish myself closer to that day of ease.
But I don't.
I really don't. These days are going by so fast.
And although these days require ALL of my effort, energy, patience and endurance....I dare not wish them away.
So I want to gladly receive my children's scattered garments in the isle of Kroger and their sticky lollipop sticks shoved into my pockets. I want to remind myself that their childhood will pass so quickly! I want to cherish every moment...even if it is exhausting work to care for them!

Now, I am going Krogering tomorrow. So I may take all of this back!
But my heart is striving for a broader perspective. An eternal one~

And to top it all off...some cuteness!







No comments: