But up until that point I only really let her color. So one day I pulled out all the stops. We went outside and brought out markers, glue, watercolors and scissors. She had the best time. Since then her favorite thing is to paint.

I thought it was hilarious that she would lay on her stomach to paint and draw. Now when she colors or draws she will assume this position.
Her first mixed media collage. Quite lovely huh? I did cut out the flowers for her to glue. Since this day I started doing all kinds of projects with her. I've saved egg cartons and cut them into caterpillars for her to paint as well as using those egg cartons to make some tulips with pipe cleaners. I saved boxes and turned them inside out and we painted it to look like our home. She is quite a natural at art...or just making a huge mess....But I must say that she now colors with more purpose than just making scribbles. And she colors/paints with intensity. You can see the progression....





No comments:
Post a Comment