Monday, September 01, 2008

To Chattanooga we go!

Ryan and I got away for a night last weekend. He just landed a huge job with Cisco and will be quite busy for the next month or two. We had so much fun! This one was my favorite getaways he has planned so far. We went to Chattanooga and stayed at a Marriott (on our Marriott points), went to the Aquarium the next day and did a lot of eating in between.
Thanks Ryan for a romantic and fun time where I felt spoiled. It was so nice to not be cooking, cleaning and wiping bottoms all day! It was such a treat ! Oh course what getaway would not complete without a little sushi action. Yum! Of course it looked much better before we ate it.

Okay, so I have been wanting for a long time to shoot Ryan (no not with a gun). But he is very uncooperative and hates having his picture taken. Who doesn't, right? Well, usually when I am photographing a family and I have a person who is reluctant or uncomfortable they still do what I ask and I get great pictures eventually. Since Ryan is my hubby, he could out right oppose my instruction. Which he did. Or he made faces in the camera. I had to sneak to get a good pic, and even then it wasn't what I really wanted. Oh well, better luck next time.
This is how he responded when I started photographing him.


Ryan took a few of me. I like this one.


In this pciture a bird was about to poop on Ryan perched on the bridge. After we crossed the bridge we went to Clumpies for some yummy ice cream.


I had to get some of us at the Carousel at Coolidge Park. If only we could have gotten one with the both of us...

Chattanooga Aquarium Pictures. We saw some amazing animals!
It only ignited my heart to praise God at what a creative and amazing Creator he is!
I have never held a butterfly. It was very cool!

This is a seahorse. I forget the name . Amazing, huh?
This is a kind of Dragon Seahorse. This was probably the most bizarre and amazing creatures I saw!

Look at those nails!
We had so much fun together ! It was a great little getaway and I still am continually surprised at how much more my heart grows in love for Ryan.


2 comments:

Trillia said...

These look so sweet! Thern and I haven't been on an overnight without Weston since the marriage retreat!!! Ryan took some good pics. I really like the one with you looking at the butterfly. Though it's not the most artistic it just makes you look so sweet and young.

Anyways, love ya, trill

Frances Vineyard said...

Oh, I LOVE the picture of the two of you together without children..isn't it great to have a break and come together again!! :) love them!