As we both looked over, I think almost every video we ever taped of ER, I recounted all the blessing from God and was overwhelmed with gratefulness.
Dean has a bit of a cold and I just left his room, the fourth time since 8pm, and this time I held him longer and let him sleep in my arms for some time. I know that before I blink this little body which fits so perfectly in my arms will soon have long legs and arms that will hang around me. And the little head that sits on my shoulder as a whimper turns into a sleeping baby will very soon no longer fall asleep in my arms.
The loud clapping noise of Ella Reese destroying our hardwoods as she walks around in her Cinderella glass slippers, bits of cereal and snacks forever lost in our area rug, surprise discoveries of sippy cups with remnants of sour milk, watching the same movie or Blues Clues episode over and over and over and over....it is all such a short period.
This time next year we will be sitting once more watching videos from this year and be amazed again at how much the kids have changed and again have hearts filled with thankfulness to God for all his blessings.





3 comments:
Thanks, Lil. So true. Often I will see Christian running down the hallway or do something endearing and think he will only be this little once. Julia can scoot forward I think. Or maybe it was my imagination. Will keep a look out for it.
How often do you video tape? I forget 95 percent of the time and want to do that more.
Hey Laura~
Hope you are having fun ! I saw your debut on a video for bill tonight at fam night...
i video tape all the time! prob as much as i take pictures....
love lil
love this post...made me cry! the cinderella show pic is precious...
Post a Comment