This past Monday it was so warm that I took advantage of the nice weather and planned a fun day for us. I had to run to the mall to get a gift card, so the plan was to get the card, let ER play in the indoor playground, then we'd go the park and have a nice picnic. Plus I wanted to get some practice in with my camera.
Well, after carrying ER across the mall and after a 40 minute play session at the mall I was already perspiring. Once we got to the park my attempts to photograph her were harder than I thought. Ella Reese only does one thing when you take her outside: walk as far away from you as posssible without looking back. I'd be shooting her then take my camera down to realize she was a mile away from me. I had spotted all these beatuful spots I wanted to shoot her in, but she would cry once I picked her up and plopped her under a pretty tree. And she didn't like the lunch I brought her.
So after our lunch and I piled a muddy, fussy, sleepy Ella Reese back into her stroller along with my camera gear, blanket, cooler and baby stuff. Taking a deep breath and wiping the sweat off my brow I lugged my pregnant self up the steep hill to the van thinking "That was not as fun as I thought it would be".
But was it worth it? Definately. She had a blast and the the pictures I got will always be a treasure to my heart. 



This is the face she makes when she is talking to you. She puckers her lips like this.
Of course, no day would not be complete without some crying.
Recovering from her crying session.










Before I took this shot she was actually putting her mouth on the floor eating something. It is a habit we started one night we were eating dinner over at Sharon's one night alst week. Out of frustration that ER was not eating any dinner and exhausted from keeping her out of stuff and danger, we let her eat her dinner off the floor. Yes, like a dog. It was quite funny to us at the time, but now that she does it more it is just gross.

Of course, no day would not be complete without some crying.
Recovering from her crying session.









Before I took this shot she was actually putting her mouth on the floor eating something. It is a habit we started one night we were eating dinner over at Sharon's one night alst week. Out of frustration that ER was not eating any dinner and exhausted from keeping her out of stuff and danger, we let her eat her dinner off the floor. Yes, like a dog. It was quite funny to us at the time, but now that she does it more it is just gross.

3 comments:
Hey Lillian-
I LOVE your pictures! Have you ever seen the magazine called "Wondertime"? I wonder if they would buy and publish some of your shots? You are so creative-I love the shadow one that shows ER's ponytail.
Alison
I'm with Alison. These, your gifting, are incredible. I never even knew you did pictures I just thought you drew! What a wonderful gift. It's serving so many to capture wonderful memories. God's been so kind to us- has He Lil! Love you!
I love these pics of Ella...I love the little shirt..Can't wait to see y'all tonight...I am making lasagna for everyone tonight & cake.
Post a Comment