Thursday, December 27, 2007

Four Years


Yesterday was our 4 Year Anniversary! Wow, time flies. Poor Ryan was sick last night with a cold that hit him all of a sudden and Ella Reese is still getting over the last bits of a cold. So as they both napped for an hour, I quickly wrote down some thoughts on a card for Ryan. I almost forgot it myself until this morning!

Two weekends ago we went away to celebrate our Anniversary and my birthday. We had a blast! We had a free night's stay in a Marriott and stayed in Gatlinburg then went to Dollywood for a day, which we also had a free pass to. We had gone to Dollywood together one winter when we were courting, so it was special to me. I forgot how neat that place is!

Funny how I am always taking pics of ER, but I think these are the only two I took of our entire weekend. I really just did not think of it. We really had so much fun being together and it was such a treat to just eat out and spend days together without thinking about nap times or the house and dinner.

The forcast was calling for rain on that Saturday, so we were prepared for the worst. Then around dinner time Ryan suggested that we leave Dollywood and eat at a resturant instead at the park then catch a movie, which both are rare for us to do. As we are waiting for the tram to take us to our car, it started pouring rain! We were so excited knowing that it was the kind providence of God to spare us from getting soaked. Although Ryan did jokingly boast that it was his own infinte wisdom and planning that spared us instead.

( in the parking lot of Dollywood. Should have gotten one INSIDE. It was so pretty in there)We came upon this resturant Bubba Gump down in Gatlinburg and ate there Friday night. It is, of course, after the Forrest Gump movie. It was a really neat place. And as yummy as the seafood looked and smelled, neither of us got seafood.

And, Ryan bought one of their hats- see above.

Ryan posing...

As I was writing in his card last night, all I could do was recount all of God's faithfulness in our lives and marriage. God has been so kind to us, to first save us from our sins and now to pour out abundant mercies and grace to us through our marriage! I have grown in respect and admiration for Ryan this past year, and see more and more how kind God is to me as I have come to realize with growing conviction how much I need him!


This past year I have in my heart desired to grow in serving Ryan. Which "serving" him meant making his lunches, keeping the house clean, making sure his socks were washed and trying to make gourmet meals. But as I look to this next year I want to grow, with God's help and grace, to carry his burdens on my heart and listen to him. REALLY listen to him. I find myself so busy with house stuff and food that when we sit at dinner and he is telling me about issues at work or other things on his mind, I hear them and then quickly move onto my tasks at hand. And as much as I run around keeping the house in order etc...he really could care less that all those things are done. All but maybe except the part about keeping his socks in stock. So, as I look to this next year my desire is that I would cultivate a habit and love for praying for Ryan and grow in listening to him and carrying his burdens. All by God's Grace!


I love and adore him so, and each year I am amazed that I could love and adore him even more than I did before! Happy Anniversary babe!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I can't believe you two have been married 4 years!