Sunday, August 22, 2010
Saturday memories
Today was a super fun day! Ryan has been working so hard this week since we got back from the beach. We got back late Saturday. He had to work Sunday after church, and pretty much late every night this past week till 7 or 10pm. Yesterday he mentioned that he thinks he saw the kids a total of 3 hours this week. Boo!
I had a shoot this morning that got pushed back to noon due to rain. So this was what went down that made this day so fun.
But I will tell it you backwards, because that is how I uploaded the pictures by accident. And I do not want to reload them. So in back wards order....here is our day....
We took the kids to Chuck E Cheese's. They have never been. Don't know what goes on in there. Never seen a picture as to elude what happens in such a place. But when we were unveiling the surprise, I told Ella Reese, " We are taking you where a kid can be a kid.".
Her eyes were searching. I could tell. She was thinking...knowing it sounded familiar. Almost any PBS show has a Chuck E Cheese ad following the program. So she had heard it.
Once she guessed it, which she did right away...she was so excited. In the car they both were exclaiming, "We are going to Chuck E Cheese!".
But Dean sounded more like he was saying, "I want to be like Jesus!". Which is what I thought he said at first.
The whole time Ella kept telling us thank you for taking me here, or this is so awesome, or mom i love you....she thanked us over and over. :)
It was super fun! The kids had an overdose of stimulation. With our tickets we got some cotton candy and lollipops. When got home, they both (in unison) collapsed face first onto our ottoman in the middle of the living room. Hilarious.
Before....chuck e cheese, we took them to the splash pad. Hence the wet braided ends of hair on Ella. I love it. And I love it when she wears this shirt.
These are all before heading out the door to Chuck e cheese. They were so excited.
Rewind....earlier in the day...I was prepping my gear for an afternoon photo shoot. Dean was in the kitchen looking super cute. So I got him to sit on the table and told him to prop his chin in his hands. And he did this after he saw me give him an example with my own body. Too cute!
Then some cheeses.
Rewind to the am....
The kids were playing with a puppet. I thought, it must be super easy to make a puppet.
It would be fun! The kids would enjoy it...I think. I want to do it! Now. If not now, it will never happen. So I did. At 10:30 am I started some puppets.
I had the kids lay their hands on top of some felt like blanket material. And asked them what they wanted to make. Dean wanted a car. So a car it was. See puppet on far left. I chose the bear/cat animal. And Ella wanted a giraffe. Which the red thing is suppose to be. But in my desire to want to give it a long giraffe neck, I made it too long and skinny and she could not even stick her hand inside it. So off came his neck. It made me sad b/c i had sewn these circles for his spots. She still likes it.
Speaking of puppets,.....ER made these weeks ago. It is the tortoise and the hare. Can you guess which one is which?
I used packing tape to kind of laminate them. Then taped them to large Popsicle sticks.
We are doing an extended lesson on Noah and the ark. So we made more animals yesterday. It is crazy how her drawings change so. From left: A giraffe with 49 legs (she told me it had 49 legs...?), an elephant, and last a rhinoceros and it's baby underneath.
puppet show commence!!!!
It lasted 10 minutes then they started climbing on each other....:)
Fun fun!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment