Wednesday, January 26, 2011

MIA

Sorry I have been MIA- missing in action.  I have tons of stories and pics to post.  And really, since I have a zero following,..this is all for my own memories and joy.
I have been enjoying just reading in my spare time.  Reading the Bible and reading books and more books.  It has been amazing.  And my soul has been refreshed, energized and renewed!
But before this story slips my mind...I wanted to record it.  Then I will be back with pics...I promise.  Cross my heart...

Yesterday at Kroger the kids decided to play the Dean is the dad-Ella is the mom-and Mom is the grandma- game. If you don't know they play this daily,...numerous times.  It is absolutely adorable and I love to watch them.  So anyways....back to kroger....I am pushing them around and not aware that they are playing this game, Dean addresses me and says, "Granda,...". The meat guy in the meat section looks up at me in the down the aisle a ways. He is trying to decide if this is true and is apparent that he is accessing my age. Too far away to explain my children's favorite game...I just turn to the meat and look down. "Yup." I say quietly under my breath and look for my ground turkey and then smirk ....

I love their pretend games and play times.  It is such a joy to me to watch them play together.  Al dressed up,..not dressed,.  They do both.
They usually tote around backpacks full of toys, pads of paper, pencils, crayons, books, favorite little art things we have made together....
Then on top of it they are dressed.  Ella is completely almost always dressed in anything OTHER than what I dressed her in that morning.  With tights on, a skirt on top, a dress over all that, then a shirt, a jacket or her furry jacket, and with a hat.  Oh,..and then there's all her jewelry and accessories.  Then socks that do not match and her dress of shoes.  She stands before me with her outfit, purse and bag in hand, and sometimes other things and she is beaming proudly at me.....pleading with her eyes to look at her and behold her beauty.
Then dean stands next to her with a bag, hat, a notepad and pencil in hand, phone stuffed in his pockets along with money and other toys.  And he always has his church or "handsome" shoes on.  He smirks at me proud to be going on an "abenture" or adventure with his sissy.

They are such a joy to me!
Thanks lord for my two little gems!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i follow your blog...just so you know you have one follower

Holly Smith

Nana Prince said...

I look often to see if you have added something new. So that makes TWO! ;)

Brenda said...

Lillian, I think you should post your brilliant idea about kicking pacifier addictions. Of course you might want to send it to Parenting magazine first. You might get $ for the idea. I know some magazines give you $50 if they print your idea!