Friday, September 17, 2010

Summer Wrap Up: Part I

This coolness in the air makes me look forward to all things Fall.  Leaves changing, morning and evening cool walks, long sleeves and hoodies, chapstick, Thanksgiving, Fall crafts, pumpkin candles, leaf jumping....I love it!  And the hint of Fall also reminds me that I have a bazillion summer pictures on my desktop...eek.
So I laugh as I title this post, because it all of a sudden made me recall that I did a similar post as well at the end of summer.  Ha ha...
So my goal is the wipe my slate clean, get all my summer pictures out and posted so I can welcome all the super fun Fall memories to come!!
So here is Ella Reese's 4th Birthday.  My older sister, Doris, and her family came in town to vacation for a few weeks and so happened to fall on ER's birthday.  It was such a blast!
The theme...all things having to do with water...



Sweet sweet baby Issac.  There really cannot be a baby any sweeter and happier than this kid!
Ella chillin in the hot tub with Evie.  We made it like bath water.  A generous friend of ours gave it to us.  It had a leak and the payment for it was that Ryan had to break up a concrete deck.  Done. Ryan about broke his back doing it, and he fixed the leak for $25.  His pool boy days coming in to use here...
LOVE this !  Just says summer to me...
The paparazzi coming out!!!!  Lon, Tim and Ryan

Sprinklers!!!  I told Evie and Dean to hold hands and run through them. Well, they went almost all the way to the trampoline then turned around to make the dash through the sprinklers.  A super cute pic anyways!
Nikons in the HOUSE!  None of these are mine (cause I am taking this pic with mine)...both my sisters own Nikons.  It is not like a requirement to be a Kung sister, ....just somehow we all ended up owning them.
                                                                           Pizza time!
Kids are laughing at Tim's antics...




All dressed up to open presents.  I asked her to sit down so I could get a 4 year old picture. And this picture absolutely captures her at this age.  A little toddler who over night blossomed into a little lady. 
This is out of order...so more pizza pics...The Ranch from Snappy Tomato is the bizzzomb!

Birthday cake!  Ella Reese was set on having another Princess Birthday cake like last year.  I my attempt to broaden her knowledge of all the possibilities for her cake, I showed her a picture of a cake from Parent's magazine of this beach cake.  She immediately told me she wanted it.  I was kind of surprised.  I did not mean for her to want THAT cake.  But she kept the picture in her room and talked about it for a month. So beach cake it was!



Gift bags.  I love gift baggies!!!

Candy ...everywhere...
Evie reading books in the sun room.  So sweet...


On another day we were hanging out with Doris and the fam....




ER has started showing a more intense side of her personality of having this strategically placed or organized in a certain manner. It is so amusing to watch.  And these pictures to follow are really a very toned down version of what she likes to do with her toys.  I have a better one I took this morning.  But she organizes her drawers in the same fashion too....It is like all of a sudden when she turned 4, certain switches came on.


Annndddd BACK to the Birthday party.  I told you they were out of order...sorry...
The very first thing ER did when she received her first gift to open was to open the card.  My jaw dropped. She opened it, looked at the card.  Looked over it long enough that I wondered if she may even be reading it!  It was so hilarious and so very sweet!
Back to sprinklers!



Kiddos lounging together watching the telly.

They are trying to look past or around me.  It was quite funny watching their heads bob side to side.



That's it folks!  More on another day...and I will finish off Doris's visit in K-town!
Happy Weekend!!!

3 comments:

Gabby said...

My favorite thing was the teddy grahams at the beach! Hilarious.

Melanie said...

Oh no Lil- it appears that ER is taking after ME. Hopefully no one will try to mess with her as a college freshman and rearrange her belongings.
Isaac is so cute!
Love,
Mel

lillian said...

LOL MEL!
That is hilarious!
xo lil