
Last Tuesday Ryan and I were invited to an Appreciation dinner at Blackberry Farm. Ryan has been doing some work with them on a new restaurant/wine cellar that they just finished. It is a pretty amazing restaurant. They took down an old barn in Philadelphia and moved it over here to Walden, TN where Blackberry Farm is. Blackberry Farm is this posh bed and breakfast where the cheapest room you can get is $900 a night! Crazy huh? It boggles my mind that something can be so expensive and people actually pay it!
The dinner was quite the experience! It was $150 a plate- we ate for free of course- I looked at the 6 course menu and said to Ryan, "Well, I don't know what half this stuff is, but I am sure it is going to be good!". And it was!

I thought those things on the table that are round and silver were bells. Like the kind you hit at a service desk. Well they actually are covers for dishes of butter.



This was before our desert. The first thing on the left is cheese that they make there at Blackberry. It looks gross but man was it good cheese! I love that hard salty cheese. Ryan didn't like it and I reminded him it's probably because he is use to the soft sliced cheese from Walamrt.

The resturant/barn we ate in is behind us in this picture.

This is a cottage that has 4 units to stay in. Ryan worked in it and said that it costs $4,000 a night! I can't image what inside there could make it so expensive! Maybe the walls are coated in real gold?
Hard working Hubby
Ryan has been busy doing house repairs and projects lately. He just got some tools that he has needed to finish all these projects and he has been really diligent about it. This past week after work he fixed our dryer and put a new tube thing under the house that sends the hot air from the dryer to outside the house. And when he wasn't doing that he worked on some quarter round that needed to be put down. And this weekend he worked on staining the outside of our house....whew! I am so thankful for him that he works so hard at work AND at home! I felt bad for him when he was staining on Saturday in the hot sun as I sat in the cool indoors folding laundry. Ladies we should all be so thankful for our husbands who work so hard for our families! I felt so bad for him that I took Ella Reese outside and we ate ice cream while we watched him stain. What a bad wife!
Teaching Art
I am going to be teaching an 8 week art class beginning this coming Monday! I am so excited! It is a co-op with my church and it will be two classes with 21 students total! I am so excited I cannot even tell you! I has been alot of work preparing for it,..but I am thankful for the opportunity to be teaching Art again and also for the financial provision it is! We are going to use the money I make to pay for our big hospital bill when Dean comes (that is what we are naming him!. P.S. I go to have my full anatomy ultrasound next Thursday!). So please pray for me with this class. It will be a challenge getting things prepared for the class and having dinner ready once I get home. Thank you for everyone who is watching Ella Reese for me!
( I love this picture. She just woke up from a nap, hair sticking up and cheeks red)

Update on Ella Reese
About a week or so ago she has started to slowly make her way to walking. She started taking a few steps here and there at first then yesterday she walked to me and I counted 12 steps! It was so exciting. I threw her in the air and cheered, and she clapped her hands and said "yea!". (Her new thing as of two days ago...to say yea). So last night Ryan and I made her walk back and forth to us over and over. We were so excited we didn't take any pictures or video!
Head-banging. For a month or so now she would always bounce her head on us and hum. She especially does it when she is sleepy. Well recently here she has started banging her head into our heads. And sometimes she misses my forehead and gets my eye or brow and it really hurts! It is so funny! It is always our night time ritual to all lay on the floor with her blankie and she crawls over us and preses her head into ours, or head bangs us while she hums. But often times I am left with brutal scars like a watery eye, or a red mark on my forehead from the little booger. But it doesn't bother her at all!
Banging her head into her favorite toy...

Well, since then she has started banging her head into the wall when she wakes up, on doors, whenever she sees Ryan through the glass door she'll do it and hum at him. She has a puppy doll that sings and talks and she does it to his head too. We think it is her way to say she loves us. It really is hilarious, but very sweet.
So if she does it to you, or bangs her head on your body- like she does her uncle nick- she like you.
Kissing Ryan through our glass door...

She loves accessories. She has a fondness towards Ryan's clear safety glasses. She'll put them on her face, then want us to put them on our face. It is so funny. Soon she started going after sunglasses in the house. She likes shoes and bows, but once they are on, she takes them right off..then tries to put them back on again.
She loves to wear her swimmer diaper on her head. For a girls who loves accessories she sure does love wearing this diaper on her head. I have numerous picutres of this. It is pretty funny. She'll bring it to me, I put it on her head, then she's off playing for 20 minutes before she takes it off. Silly girl.


Figuring out lids...I've been using soap that started drying out her skin, so I started putting Eucerin cream on her. She'll sit there and put the lid onto the Eucerin, then take it off, put her fingers in the cream, wipe it on herself then do it all over again. It is so cute! This is the only thing that keeps her still when I dress her after bath.
She also discovered her belly button in the bath one night and sat there touching it and trying to look at it. You always see pictures of babies doing it, but when it is your own kid, it is the sweetest thing ever!
Sorry this was so long! Thanks for hanging around to read it all!
No comments:
Post a Comment